New Build Basements
These days the cost of moving can be astronomical and many people are adopting the principle of ‘don’t move – improve’.
If you want more space in your home you could consider an extension or loft conversion. There is another option though. Dig down and build a cellar or basement.
It is estimated that a basement will provide more space per pound than most extensions, as well as adding value to your property, so it makes economic sense too.
Think what you could do with the extra rooms; extra bedroom, gym, home cinema, kid’s playroom, music studio, office, rehearsal room, utility room – the list is endless.
Our team of professional experts can cover every aspect of the job for you. You will have project managers, structural engineers, builders, electricians, and gas engineers working for you. They will ensure your property remains structurally sound while providing your new basement living area.
In addition we will liaise with the relevant authorities to make sure you have any Planning Permissions required or meet the statutory Building Regulations.
All our work and the materials we use are backed by a 30-year guarantee. In addition we use John Newton Membranes, recognised as the best in the industry.
On top of this, the construction of a new basement can provide you with the following benefits:
- You get an increase in overall floor area without a substantial increase in the footprint of a building or a significant impact on the garden size.
- An increase in the available space to support any growing families without the need to completely move house.
- Semi-basements can make really good use of sloping sites because the construction of a basement will negate any requirement for totally levelling the site.
- If there is an existing property that is located within in a sensitive area, for example an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, where there are typically restrictions placed on development, the fresh construction of a basement will allow the construction of additional space that would otherwise not be permitted.
- Properties that include basements can have much improved energy efficiency since the basement will have far fewer external walls exposed.
- Basements can also allow for a greater sense of privacy, especially during times when you might have guests over to stay (for extended periods of time too), there are very few better options that a private room for them in the basement. This additional space can be the perfect solution.
- If you decide to have a basement finished, you could enjoy a great return on investment. The average basement remodel returns 70 to 75 of your investment!
So if you are in the Gloucestershire area and are looking for a luxury new basement, built to the highest specification by a company you can trust for reliability and efficiency, then give us a call on 01452 619871 to find out what we can do for you.
Get Your FREE Quote
The Shifta Conveyor
The Shifta is used as a conveyor of rubble, aggregates and soils. It has a tough rubber troughed belt, a three-phase two-speed 110v motor and a portable hopper that is large enough to convey bulky material. When moving material in difficult terrains, this is the ideal machine for the job.
We use the Shifta to empty materials from the basements when digging out.
We have used Cellartech on many occasions now to help us with below ground solutions. From the design stages through to the installation Ian and his team have done a great job. Do not hesitate to contact Cellartech if you are after a new installation or have an existing issue with damp.
Ian and his team were a hard-working, experienced, friendly bunch. They always turned up on time, worked hard and left the site cleaned up at the end of the day. Ian worked hard to ensure that the build kept within our timescales and amazingly pretty much within budget. Our experience went very smoothly with no major issues, but if we had any issues or questions Ian was always on hand to offer his advice and come up with a solution. Ian even helped us to set up a temporary kitchen for use while the build was taking place (complete with old sink and running water!). We’re really pleased with our finished extension and would definitely recommend Cellartech as a reliable, competitive building company.
Ian is hard working, efficient, reliable and a tidy worker. He has completed work for us on many occasions and we have never been disappointed. His work ethic is second to none and we would highly recommend him.
We welcome any enquiry - small or large.
The Black Containers, Rear of Bullens Manor Farm, High Street, Upton St Leonards, Gloucester GL4 8DL